DRYER FIRE PREVENTION®
Very few people realize the importance of proper dryer fire prevention. Without proper maintenance, clogged up dryer vents can cause fires. Approximately 15,600 structure fires causing 400 injuries, 15 deaths, and $99 million in direct property damage per year are the result of dryer fires*. Many fires can be prevented with proper dryer venting.
Cleaning your lint screen is simply not enough to ensure an efficient, safe dryer. Even a cleaned lint screen traps only 75% of the lint produced inside a dryer. The rest of the lint builds up over time inside the dryer vent, becoming a fire hazard, as dryer lint is highly flammable and has the potential to ignite at any time.
A dryer with restricted airflow also runs significantly longer, causing utility costs to rise, increasing the need for repairs and decreasing the life of the dryer. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure your clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient.
Get your dryers and dryer vents professionally cleaned by Dryer Fire Prevention® today!
Important Warning Signs of dryer lint blockage:
You could have just one of these symptoms or many depending on the amout of blockage and the type of dryer you have:
- Need to run more than one dry cycle especially for towels, sweats and jeans
- The surface of your dryer hot to the touch on top
- Humidity inside the dryer door
- Dryer lint collecting on the inside of the dryer door
- There ever a slight burning smell when drying
- A moldy or musty odor on your clothing
- Lint gathering on the backside of your lint screen
- Excessive lint on black clothing
- Your dryers lint screen not gathering any lint on it
Here are the benefits of getting your dryer vents cleaned:
- It eliminates a potential fire hazard
- Reduces clothes drying time
- Saves on your electric bill
- Reduces the wear and tear on your dryer
Serving all of Ocean County, New Jersey with dryer vent and dryer cleaning. We also offer dryer vent installation after the effects of Superstorm Sandy. You can trust Dryer Fire Prevention® with your New Jersey Dryer Vent Cleaning. Call 732-939-6882 or SCHEDULE SERVICE with us today!
Source: Departments of Homeland Security, Consumer Product Safety Commission